Concrete staining in Dallas is an excellent method for adding a splash of color to any concrete surface. While homeowners already know how durable and cost-effective a concrete floor can be, many don’t realize there are ways to boost its visual appeal.
Staining concrete works wonders indoors and outdoors. Whether you’re staining a garage’s concrete floor or an outdoor patio, we’ve provided the various color schemes for 2023. Below are some of the best colors you can use for 2023 to add more life to your concrete surfaces.
Acid Concrete Staining in Dallas, TX
Acid-based stains are the oldest form of concrete staining and are the method most people use. Many experts consider this method the gold standard for adding decorative flair to concrete surfaces.
Concrete staining adds natural-looking colors and transparent finishes. The process works by adding acid-based chemicals that permanently modify the concrete surface.
While this process is more time-consuming than others, the concrete surface is entirely UV stable once completed, making it an excellent choice for outdoor patios and walkways.
Acid concrete staining does have a few drawbacks, however. It requires you to install a sealer coating over the surface; over time, this coating can start showing scratches, requiring you to apply a new sealer coating.
Another drawback is that acid concrete staining has a limited number of color schemes, primarily including earthly tones like browns, blue-greens, terra cottas, and tans.
Fortunately, many homeowners can find attractive color schemes perfect for their dream homes. For 2023, some popular hues are:
- Green Lawn
- English Red
- Malay Tan
- Aqua Blue
- Vintage Umber
- Garden Gold
Many of these hues can add a stone-like appeal to your concrete surfaces, improving the appearance of your patios and driveways.
Water-based Concrete Staining
Water-based concrete staining provides many benefits, despite it being the least-used method by homeowners:
- Easy installation: Water-based concrete stains are easy to install when compared to acid-based concrete staining, making them slightly more cost-effective. The application process is very similar to painting a surface.
- Excellent UV protection: Water staining is also entirely UV stable, meaning it won’t fade or discolor over time. When appropriately applied, water concrete staining isn’t susceptible to issues like cracking, spalling, crazing, or softening.
- Greater freedom: Alongside more color choices than acid-based staining, water concrete staining allows you to control how solid or opaque you want your concrete to be. The amount of water you use determines this effect.
- More precise color match: When acid-staining concrete, you may not always receive precisely the tone you want due to factors like age and density. This variation is exciting to some, but water staining is generally better for homeowners wanting more precision.
For 2023, we recommend the following water-stain colors:
- Dried Thyme
- Desert Sand
- Olympic Bronze
- Cajun Red
Of course, this list is just a small sample of color schemes you can choose from in 2023. Reach out to Rush and Reef Concrete Coatings for a complete list of colors for your water-based concrete coatings.
2023 Color Schemes for Polished Concrete
Polished concrete staining involves fully penetrating concrete surfaces with pigments that produce a natural-looking color. Besides being attractive, this color scheme won’t wear off, even in places with a lot of foot traffic.
The one drawback is that these concrete color schemes lack UV protection. As such, you should avoid using this method for exterior surfaces like pool decks or patios.
However, this method is very desirable for internal surfaces, and you can even use it for applications like logos or specific images or patterns. Color schemes vary from subtle browns to loud blues or greens. For 2023, the color choices we recommend are:
- Midnight Black
- Raw Sienna
- Saddle Brown
- Slate Blue
- Burnt Sienna
Concrete Staining for Various Indoor and Outdoor Applications
Concrete staining is excellent for internal and external spaces. Some examples include the following:
- Kitchen countertops and floors
- Driveways, patios, walkways, and pool decks
- Vertical areas like fireplaces or walls
- Specific rooms
Choosing what method to use depends upon functionality and visual appeal. You can also choose between solid and semi-transparent color schemes.
Call Our Team Today
Many concrete staining options exist, but factors like drying time and internal versus external applications can make finding the right choice tricky.
From helping you pick out a color scheme to applying your stain from wet edge to wet edge, you can trust Rush & Reef Concrete Coatings. Dallas, TX, homeowners can call our team at 469-389-5807 for a free estimate!